Wednesday, November 4

It's a caffeine kind of day

I know I slept well last night. The congestion I've been fighting has cleared up. The girls went to bed without any fuss whatsoever. And yet here I sit, ruminating over what I believe is my third cup of coffee this morning.


It could have something to do with the massive word count deficit that I have to surmount for NaNoWriMo. As well as all the work that needs to be done for my philosophy of human ethics class before it ends in a week and a half. I'm desperately scrambling to get ahead in some area so as to provide myself a buffer. Since it doesn't seem to be happening with NaNo, I'm trying to make it happen with college. 

And what is the fuel for this scramble to get ahead? Coffee. So I started looking up coffee quotes. While there were plenty of good ones, the following stood out as the best one of them all:

Caffeine is my shepherd; I shall not doze.
It maketh me to wake in green pastures:
It leadeth me beyond the sleeping masses.
It restoreth my buzz:
It leadeth me in the paths of consciousness for its name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of addiction,
I will fear no Equal™:
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me.
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of The Starbucks:
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over.
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life:
And I will dwell in the House of Mochas forever.
~Author Unknown

It's too bad the author's unknown. I would love to hug them. And give them some coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment