Wednesday, October 14

NaNoWriMo is almost here!

Oh, my gosh, NaNoWriMo is coming up so quickly. I never realized just how fast this would sneak up on me. One moment, it's the beginning of October and I'm starting to get giddy with anticipation.

Now? It's nearing the end of October. There's approximately 8 days left until this bad boy kicks off and I am in a tizzy. A tizzy of epic proportions.

What's NaNoWriMo, you ask? Oh, it's just a writing challenge. A month long writing challenge. How much do you have to write?

50,000 words. It's about the length of a novella. 

Which averages out to about 2000 words a day. 

I say 2000 because it eventually creates a buffer I will inevitably need when the house comes crashing down around my ears for the simple reason that I focused on something other than the family for a little bit. 

Easy? When you've got two kids, two dogs and a household to run? Not in the least. But I'm getting there. You see, I acquired a secret weapon to help with this year's NaNo efforts.



I'm going oldschool, baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment