Wednesday, April 15

Celebrating A Life

Sometimes the smallest footprints make the biggest impressions on our souls.

Jake's Memorial


Jacob is no exception. Today those footprints belong to Jacob, the son of a woman, Erin, who I am so honored to call my friend. He has touched the lives of so many people already, and he left this earth almost six years ago. Today is his birthday, and he would have been seven.

That sweet little boy is playing with the angels and watching over his mommy now, who shares his story so that others are aware - window blinds can kill children. Special, precious children like Jacob.

I had just moved in to a new apartment. I had been putting things away in my children’s room, and had put together the crib. To keep it out of the way, I pushed it against the closest wall. Which was also next to the window. As my son and daughter slept, I put their clothes away, kissed them good night, and then went to bed myself.

The next morning, I went in to check on them. Kylie met me at the door. I thought Jacob was still sound asleep. But when I took a closer look, I realized his head was cocked at a funny angle and the strings to the blinds were around his throat. I panicked.


From Jacob's Memorial Page.

Please visit Jacob's online memorial to read the full story. And then go to this website to learn more about blind cord safety and how to get your free kit to make your own blinds safer.

I love you, Erin. Thinking about you today and celebrating precious Jacob's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment