Saturday, October 4

What's Next?

Gosh, you'd think after the knit-a-long I'd just take a break, but no! I am, in fact, planning out my next crafts!

I've got some things I'm hoping to make up to sell. (Oh my gosh, no way?! You're going to put stuff in your store? Yes, yes I will. I'm so glad the rest of you are excited, too.)

Along with that, the ever amazing and wonderful Mel gave me a pattern for a scalloped skirt and I'm wanting something pretty, so I'll be working on that.

Aaaaand... The Crafty Holiday Time Swap is going on over at Granola Chicks, and I've got to make my items for that! I'm so excited! I can't tell you what it is though! Why? Because even if you're not a fellow GCer, those gorgeous mamas are so sweet and read my blog and it would ruin the surprise!

In other news more related to homemaking, I'm so proud of myself! I went grocery shopping yesterday and through use of a couple coupons and some bargain shopping on my part, I managed to only spend $107.51 on groceries that'll last us for 2 weeks. And probably a little longer.

This whole "financial crisis" stuff that's going on has me a bit on the paranoid side, so I also managed to grab a couple extras to keep on hand. I know, I know, bailouts and all that stuff. Honestly - I have been wrapped in my little domestic cocoon and have no worthwhile knowledge of what's going on except those scary words everybody uses. You know "recession" "depression" and other "essions" used to terrify the bejeezus out of people.

So, that said, I'm sure I'll be posting bread recipes and other thrifty recipes, along with photos that will hopefully make you drool. It's one of the perks of having this blog - you get to bear with me on my amateur photography adventures!

Oh, and I'll probably post again later with pics from an awesome storm front that came through!

1 comment:

  1. I don't read your blog. Whatcha making?

    I want to know how the skirt is coming along! i know you are at least past the waist and first three rows. Have you tried it on... it could be a mini. Or a tube top. Or something you could get arrested for wearing in view of minors. Or seniors. Or anyone.

    ReplyDelete